Committee and Editorial Board Nominations
The application period is open annually November 15 through January 15.
Please contact ASA's Governance department for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application process takes about 20 minutes to complete.
- Click “Apply to a Committee.”
- If not logged in, log in with your ASAHQ.org username and password.
- Choose a committee or editorial board that will benefit from your participation. If you do not already know what committee you would choose, you can search the committee names and their missions.
- Review and/or update your demographic information.
- Provide a reason why you want to join that committee or editorial board.
- Request a colleague reference for that committee.
- The review and appointments process can take a few months. Applicants are notified of their status in the summer for the following committee year.
- Your CV as a PDF or Word doc.
- The titles and roles of leadership positions you hold or held at your state component society, subspecialty society, or employer.
- The names of ASA members from whom you would like a reference.
- Why you are a good fit for this committee or editorial board: The value, skills, and experience you can offer and what you want to gain from a committee or editorial board appointment.
- We recommend you have at least ONE reference, but no more than three; only ask for references from people you know; and reach out to them by email or phone, as well as selecting their names during the application process.
- Submit an abbreviated CV. Your CV should be less than 10 pages and focus on the work that's most applicable to the committee you'd like to join.
- After you select a committee, it will appear in the selected committees area of the page. Enter the additional information requested by that committee.
- Provide your race, gender and ethnicity — it is important to ASA efforts to build diverse committees and communities.